Next Monday’s Food Fête media event (beginning our sixth year) in San Francisco is on track to be our biggest West Coast event to date. The buzz is building, and I’m really excited about what’s in store for our 20 exhibitors and 90+ food writers and bloggers planning to attend.
I keep the exhibitor list under wraps until the event (I’ll post a link to our new website of exhibitor profiles next week), but here’s a glimpse of what our attendees can expect:
- Vodka: Food Fête will present the national media debut of a brand new, premium vodka made in France. On the drink menu are a delicious pomegranate martini and classic dirty martini for the cocktail purists. We’re also showcasing 2 additional artisanal vodkas made in Oregon, infused with saffron and tarragon, certain to get the attention of the adventurous drinker.
- Wine: Some terrific red and white varietals from Oregon and Washington
- Vegan meat. (yep, vegan meats and sausages)
- Premium quality rice and quinoa products, ready to serve in just 90 seconds.
- Snack Chips: 2 different brands, and one that’s even paired with Patrón Tequila (yes, we’ll be pouring Patrón at the bar too!)
- Chocolate & Confections: Incredibly rich and uniquely-flavor caramels made with pure cocoa butter; hand-painted chocolate truffles with amazing flavors; and the debut of an artisanal chocolatier that I’ve watched grow from a one-person start-up to a company poised to take off in a big way.
- Dairy-Free “milk” beverages and frozen desserts
- A meat brine that takes boring meat to a new level
- Kitchenwares/Housewares: a sleek and contemporary cookware line; and a housewares brand with a broad line of incredibly-designed products.
- Fruits/Vegetables: a new variety of Washington apple, California figs and a drinkable soup with many uses.
I have the best job.